Best Times to Travel This Holiday Weekend
Bay Bridge travel times to avoid the most congested periods are:
- Tuesday, November 21 – before noon and after 8 p.m.;
- Wednesday, November 22 – before 9 a.m. and after 8 p.m.;
- Thursday, November 23 – before 10 a.m. and after 3 p.m.;
- Friday, November 24 – before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m.; and
- Saturday, November 25, and Sunday, November 26 – before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22 – before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m.;
- Thursday, November 23 – before 11 a.m. and after 3 p.m.; and
- Saturday, November 25, and Sunday, November 26 – before 10 a.m. and after 8 p.m.;
Weather and traffic permitting, two-way operations will be implemented to help ease eastbound delays at the Bay Bridge. Two-way operations may be limited based on westbound traffic volumes, as bridge officials strive to mitigate delays on both sides of the bridge. Two-way operations are prohibited during bridge wind warnings/restrictions, fog/limited visibility or times of precipitation, and may be prohibited during incidents.
Avoid distractions, maintain a safe following distance and follow posted speed limits. Motorists should stay on US 50 on both sides of the bridge to keep local roadways open for first responders and residents.
For 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic information call 1-877-BAYSPAN (1-877-229-7726) or visit Baybridge.com to view real-time traffic cameras. For real-time updates on major incidents follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/TheMDTA or view the feed from our homepage at https://mdta.maryland.gov/.