Bay Bridge (US 50/301)
Lane Closures and Traffic Patterns
Scheduled for the Week of May 17 - 23, 2015
All work will be performed weather permitting. The MDTA urges motorists to drive with caution and obey all traffic-control devices and lane-control signals. Lane closures are subject to change and closure times are dependent on traffic volumes.
TOLL DOLLARS AT WORK
REMINDER: Headlights are required at all times on the bridge.
The eastbound span may be closed Sunday from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for preservation/maintenance work or routine annual inspections. Two-way traffic will operate on the westbound span during the full eastbound span closures.
Two lanes of the westbound span may be closed Monday through Wednesday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for preservation/maintenance work or routine annual inspections.
One lane of the westbound span may be closed Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for preservation/maintenance work.
Monday through Wednesday, one lane will be closed for approximately 15 minutes for contractor pick-up.
The MDTA offers the following travel tips for the summer months:
- Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge on the holiday weekend include:
- Thursday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Friday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Saturday before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.