Bay Bridge (US 50/301)
Lane Closures and Traffic Patterns
Scheduled for the Week of June 29 - July 5, 2014
All work will be performed weather permitting. The MDTA urges motorists to drive with caution and obey all traffic-control devices and lane-control signals. Lane closures are subject to change and closure times are dependent on traffic volumes.
TOLL DOLLARS AT WORK
REMINDER: Headlights are required at all times on the bridge.
The eastbound span may be closed Sunday from midnight to 5 a.m. the following morning and Monday through Wednesday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning for preservation/maintenance work or routine annual inspections. Two-way traffic will operate on the westbound span during the full eastbound span closures.
The MDTA offers the following travel tips for the summer months:
· Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge this holiday weekend include:
- Thursday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Friday, 4th of July before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Saturday before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
FOR 24/7 BAY BRIDGE TRAFFIC INFORMATION CALL 1-877-BAYSPAN (1-877-229-7726) or visit baybridge.com
Know Before You Go - call 511 or visit MD511.org. Follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA, facebook.com/TheMDTA and mdta.maryland.gov.