INCREASED WEEKEND TRAFFIC EXPECTED AT BAY BRIDGE
Motorists Advised to Travel Off-Peak, Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for Current Traffic Conditions
Due to Sunfest in Ocean City, Md., motorists should expect higher than normal traffic volumes Thursday, Sept. 19, through Sunday, Sept. 22. The MDTA will monitor traffic conditions throughout the weekend and, weather permitting, implement two-way operations (when one lane of eastbound traffic travels on the westbound span) on the westbound span to help alleviate potential eastbound delays. For motorists' safety, two-way will NOT be implemented in inclement weather.
The MDTA encourages motorists to travel off-peak. The best times to travel this weekend are:
- Friday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Saturday before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Don't Wing It. Plan Ahead!
- Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic conditions.
- Visit baybridge.com to view traffic cameras at the Bay Bridge and to sign up for email alerts.
- Follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA and facebook.com/TheMDTA.
- Ease your travel with E-ZPass. Visit ezpassmd.com to enroll on-line and for a list of E-ZPass "On the Go" retail locations.
- Know Before You Go - call 511 or visit MD511.org for statewide travel information. To view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov.
- For current toll rates, visit mdta.maryland.gov and click on Toll Rate Calculator. The cash toll rate for two-axle vehicles at the Bay Bridge is $6.
Stay Alert So No One Gets Hurt! For Statewide traffic conditions, visit md511.org. For the most up-to-date information follow us on Twitter at TheMDTA or on Facebook at facebook.com/TheMDTA.